Scolio-Pilates Professional Seminar
Time & Location
About the Event
Join us on your journey to helping your clients and patients live better with scoliosis.These two courses lay the foundation for your ongoing ScolioPilates® journey. Scolio-Pilates® is a three-dimensional scoliosis-specific exercise program,
created by Karena Thek. Scolio-Pilates® is tailored to the individual and their specific spinal curve as a proactive management plan.
In these courses you will develop a strong knowledge base in the anatomy and exercise managment of scoliosis. What creates a curve and convexity? How does rotation affect the vertebrae, ribs and other bones? How do we move a scoliotic spine closer to neutral before adding strenghtening and breathing techniques?
You'll also learn this:
• What is scoliosis? Who it affects and its effects on the systems of the body
• Experience scoliosis! What it feels like to do Pilates with scoliosis
• Anatomy of Scoliosis
• Understanding the etiology of progression of scoliosis
• Defining the curves: 3, 4 and thoracolumbar
• Scolio-Pilates wedging and alignment techniques for finding a three-dimensional corrections
• Three-dimensional exercises for scoliosis
Seminar is located in Stowe, Vermont. Brand new, private studio offers views of Mt. Mansfield and access to one of the top vacation destinations in the Northeast.